16 May 2013
- Designing Suburban Futures was mentioned in a piece by Neal Pierce on Citiwire (5/5), June was featured in an article in the May issues of AIA’s Architect magazine, and the Graham Foundation posted about her work (5/13).
- The Kingdom of Rarities was reviewed in the June issue of BBC Wildlife Magazine. Interviews with Eric aired on KEXP/Seattle’s “Mind Over Matter” (5/11) and WICN/Boston’s “Inquiry” (5/9).
- Tibet Wild was reviewed in the June issue of BBC Wildlife Magazine.
- An interview with Lance Hosey ran on AIA’s website (5/10).
- The Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States was covered by the Salt Lake Tribune (5/3), the Desert News (5/3), the Arizona Daily Sun (5/15), the Western Farm Press (5/10), and KTAR Arizona (5/16). The Arizona Star live-blogged the Tucson launch event (5/2) and wrote about the book (5/4). NOAA, University of Arizona, the Western Water Assessment out of the University of Colorado, UC Davis, Scripps, Stanford Law, and the Center for Ocean Solutions all posted press releases about the involvement of their researchers.
- An interview with Chris Johnson about Forests for the People ran on WUMW/Milwaukee Public Radio’s “Lake Effect” (5/9).
- DC DOT head Harriet Tregoning cited Reshaping Metropolitan America in an interview with Washington City Paper (5/16).
- State of the World 2013 was mentioned in a post on Huffington Post Green (5/10) and an excerpt ran on the Post Carbon Institute‘s website (5/15).
- Metropolis ran a page about NACTO’s Urban Bikeway Design Guide and forthcoming Urban Street Design Guide in their May issue.
- Chuck Wolfe’s Atlantic Cities excerpt was picked up by Planetizen (5/5), Crosscut (5/9), Huffington Post Green (5/13), and Sustainable Cities Collective site and newsletter (5/13). The e-book was also covered by Seattle’s Land Use Code blog (5/6) and Cornichon blog (5/8). Chuck did a live video interview on the Huffington Post (5/14).
- The George Wright Forum’s website featured To Conserve Unimpaired.
- Kitchen Literacy was included in a Real Simple print/electronic feature on 50 Great Books That Will Change Your Life, recommended by Deborah Madison.
- Michael Kugelman’s GPS piece was picked up by CNN’s Eatocracy blog (4/11).
- River Notes was mentioned in the Elko Daily Free Press (5/8) and the Ely Times (5/10)
- Cities for People was reviewed by Global Site Plans (4/29), which also ran a giveaway.
- Minnesota Public Radio ran a recording of David Freidman’s Cooler Smarter event at the Commonwealth Club last spring (5/14).
- The Gopher Tortoise Council’s spring newsletter featured Forgotten Grasslands of the South and a discount code, and Reed and the book were featured in a post by Hoffman Nursery (5/9).
- Pavan Sukhdev has a piece in this month’s issue of the Solutions Journal.
- Creating Green Roadways was reviewed by Spacing Vancouver (5/14); picked up by the rest of the Spacing network.
- Jon Beckmann, author of Safe Passages, was interviewed by Scientific American (5/16).
- Saving a Million Species was reviewed in the January issue of Biological Conservation.
- Sustainability in America’s Cities was reviewed twice in the Journal of Planning Literature
- CNU, May 29-June 1.
- Dick Jackson spoke at SPUR San Francisco and San Jose 5/6 and 5/7.
- Chuck Wolfe will speak at Town Hall Seattle 6/19.
- Eric Dinerstein will speak at Audubon in San Francisco 6/20.
- Travis Beck, New York Botanical Garden (New York/NY), 5/4. Books were for sale.
- Lance Hosey, Alberta Green Building Symposium (Alberta/CAN), 5/7. A book was used as a doorprize and order forms were available.
- Eric Dinerstein, Sheperd University (Sheperdstown/WV), 5/10. Books were for sale.
- Wade Davis, Legacy Land Trust (Fort Collins/CO), 5/11. Books were for sale.
- Lance Hosey, Living Futures (Seattle/WA), 5/15. Books were for sale.
- June Williamson, Van Alen Institute (New York/NY), 5/16. Books were for sale.
|Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States||Salt Lake Tribune||article||5/3/2013||http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/56259489-90/400-ahead-assessment-climate.html.csp|
|Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States||Desert News||article||5/3/2013||http://voices.mydesert.com/2013/05/03/6929/|
|Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States||Arizona Star||article||5/4/2013||http://azstarnet.com/news/science/environment/study-temperatures-keep-going-up/article_62abc832-f14c-57c7-9ee4-a78d044631d1.html|
|Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States||Arizona Star||event liveblog||5/2/2013||http://live.azstarnet.com/Event/Live_blog_on_Southwest_climate_assessment?Page=0|
|Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States||Arizona Daily Sun||article||5/15/2013||http://azdailysun.com/news/local/southwest-forests-feeling-the-heat/article_9ae6f5fa-65b6-5454-88ea-e01acc7ace90.html|
|Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States||Western Farm Press||article||5/10/2013||http://westernfarmpress.com/management/new-book-details-climate-impact-southwest|
|Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States||KTAR Arizona||article||5/16/2013||http://ktar.com/22/1634840/Researchers-paint-bleak-future-for-Arizona-forests|
|Cities for People||Global Site Plans||review||4/29/2013||http://www.globalsiteplans.com/environmental-design/jan-gehls-cities-for-people-reviewed-two-copies-for-giveaway/|
|Cooler Smarter||Minnesota Public Radio||Commonwealth Club event broadcast||5/14/2013||http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2013/05/14/mpr_news_presents|
|Corporation 2020||Solutions Journal||piece by author||May issue||http://thesolutionsjournal.anu.edu.au/node/22221|
|Creating Green Roadways||Spacing Vancouver||review||5/14/2013||http://spacing.ca/national/2013/05/14/book-review-creating-green-roadways-integrating-cultural-natural-and-visual-resources-into-transportation/|
|Designing Suburban Futures||Planning||review||t/k|
|Designing Suburban Futures||Architect||article||May issue||http://www.architectmagazine.com/books/attain-this-diagram.aspx|
|Designing Suburban Futures||Graham Foundation||blurb||5/13/2013||http://www.grahamfoundation.org/grantees/4859-designing-suburban-futures-new-models-from-build-a-better-burb|
|Designing Suburban Futures||Citiwire/Neal Peirce||mention||5/5/2013||http://citiwire.net/columns/american-futures-greener-safer-more-compact/|
|Forests for the People||WUMW Lake Effect||interview||5/9/2013||http://www.wuwm.com/programs/lake_effect/lake_effect_segment.php?segmentid=10402|
|Forgotten Grasslands of the South||Gopher Tortoise Council newsletter||mention and discount||Spring 2013|
|Forgotten Grasslands of the South||Hoffman Nursery||article||5/9/2013||http://hoffmannursery.com/forgotten-grasslands-of-the-south/|
|Global Farms Race||CNN’s Eatocracy blog||pick up of GPS piece||4/11/2013||http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2013/04/11/a-growing-problem-wealthy-countries-buying-farmland-abroad/|
|Kitchen Literacy||Real Simple||brief review||May issue||http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/entertainment/great-books-00100000101474/page39.html|
|Reshaping Metropolitan America||Washington City Paper||mention||5/16/2013||http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/youngandhungry/2013/05/16/taste-test-national-restaurant-chains-discover-d-c-is-a-pretty-good-guinea-pig/|
|River Notes||Elko Daily Free Press||article||5/8/2013||http://elkodaily.com/news/opinion/commentary/commentary-open-market-would-solve-water-shortage-problem/article_4216e912-b774-11e2-9773-001a4bcf887a.html|
|River Notes||Ely Times||article||5/10/2013||http://www.elynews.com/opinion/article_a50518ea-b905-11e2-bce7-0019bb2963f4.html|
|Safe Passages||Scientific American||article, no book mention||5/16/2013||http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=roadkill-endangers-endangered-wildlife|
|Saving a Million Species||Biological Conservation||review||Jan-13|
|State of the World 2013||Huffington Post Green||article||5/10/2013||http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ralph-nader/corporate-sustainability_b_3254162.html|
|State of the World 2013||Post Carbon Institute||excerpt||5/15/2013||http://www.postcarbon.org/article/1650005-governance-in-the-long-emergency|
|Sustainability in America’s Cities||Journal of Planning Literature||review||2012|
|Sustainability in America’s Cities||Journal of Planning Literature||review||2012|
|The Kingdom of Rarities||BBC Wildlife Magazine||brief review||May/June issue|
|The Kingdom of Rarities||KEXP “Mind Over Matters”||interview||5/11/2013||http://www.kexp.org/player/Default.aspx?bitrate=128&startTime=2013-05-11T14:00:00Z|
|The Kingdom of Rarities||WICN “Inquiry”||interview||5/9/2013||http://www.wicn.org/podcasts/audio/eric-dinerstein-kingdom-rarities|
|The Shape of Green||AIArchitect||interview||5/10/2013||http://www.aia.org/practicing/AIAB097812|
|Tibet Wild||BBC Wildlife Magazine||brief review||May/June issue|
|To Conserve Unimpaired||George Wright Forum site||http://www.georgewright.org/bookspotlight|
|Urban Bikeway Design Guide||Metropolis||brief review||May issue|
|Urban Street Design Guide||Metropolis||brief review||May issue|
|Urbanism Without Effort||Cornichon blog||review||5/8/2013||http://www.cornichon.org/2013/05/chuck-wolfes-urban.html|
|Urbanism Without Effort||Crosscut||piece by author||5/9/2013||http://crosscut.com/2013/05/09/urban/114355/why-urbanism-without-effort-matters/|
|Urbanism Without Effort||Planetizen||Atlantic Cities pickup||5/5/2013||http://www.planetizen.com/node/62951|
|Urbanism Without Effort||Huffington Post Green||Atlantic Cities pickup||5/13/2013||http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-r-wolfe/the-compelling-promise-of-urbanism_b_3264528.html|
|Urbanism Without Effort||Seattle’s Land Use Code||review||5/6/2013||http://seattleslandusecode.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/urbanism-without-effort-let-it-be/|
|Urbanism Without Effort||Sustainable Cities Collective, also included in newsletter||Atlantic Cities pickup||5/13/2013||http://sustainablecitiescollective.com/chuck-wolfe/150316/exploring-premise-urbanism-without-effort|
|Urbanism Without Effort||HuffPo Live||interview||5/14/2013||http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/real-life-sim-city/517fcceb2b8c2a74e100005d|